Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Trusting in the Lord

As our Intervarsity plans have come together, I was hit with a harsh blow. A class that is absolutely critical to graduation this year got bumped up right when we are having our Intervarsity Bible studies. I have been the one spearheading the topic as the student president. We set up the Bible study times to target two groups of people from a three hour time frame. I am still able to lead one group, but the other so far appears to be the bigger group based on initial feedback from our information tables. I spoke with my instructor about the situation and he said there was little he could do and emphasized that I be in class as much as possible. After Day 1, I know why.

But God was not surprised by this and let it happen for a reason. I have reason to suspect that one possible reason is to get others in the chapter to step up in leadership. The chapter for the last few years has been held together by two students, including myself. The other graduates in December and with her student teaching, can't be involved much at all. I graduate in May so I will be needing to pass the torch on as well. One student has stepped up and is willing to lead the time the I can't make it and I am praying that God will raise one or two others to help her. I am still going to try to do all the behind-the-scenes work so all she needs to focus on is facilitating and 'running the machine'. But I see this as a potentially great opportunity for others to be ready to take over the chapter when I leave.

So I am trusting in the Lord for this time and situation. It was stressful but God has given me peace about it. I know he knows what he is doing and I am seeking to see this through his eyes. As the topic of the Bible study this semester, it is HIS STORY and he has the right to write it as he wishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment