Sunday, August 1, 2010

Using Sport Fencing for Ministry

If God is able to use a donkey to speak to Balaam, or if he is able to use a scared, timid, stuttering, angry, complaining Moses to lead a million people out of the most poweful nation in the world at that time, he can use any one of us, no matter our circumstances, abilities, or skills.

I am one that most people would have considered to be un-useable. When I was six, I could not run and could barely walk. I have Asperger's Syndrome, a mild form of autism. I stutter. The list goes on. But through all this, God has given me a gift: the ability to do sport fencing.

In fencing for 12 years, in the last six, God has shown my how to use the sport as a tool to reach out to other people. I have been doing demonstrations and presentations in Juarez, Mexico through International Family Missions which has become a huge hit. I put on a very powerful spiritual warfare skit that has had a massive impact on hundreds of lives. And now, I am in the stages to take it even further.

I may have an opportunity to practice this calling this week as I will be serving along side a mission team from Arkansas in Mexico and should that happen, I will be posting what I did, how it turned out, photos and video. And may God bless this work that only HE could have initated.

No comments:

Post a Comment